Fishing wire through conduit can be a bit tricky, but it’s a necessary task when it comes to electrical wiring. Here are the steps to fish wire through conduit:
- Start by attaching the wire to a fish tape or a specialized tool designed for pulling wire through conduit. You can use electrical tape to secure the wire to the end of the fish tape.
- Locate the starting point of the conduit and insert the fish tape or specialized tool into the conduit. Push the fish tape through the conduit until it comes out the other end.
- Attach the wire to the end of the fish tape that has come out of the other end of the conduit.
- Carefully pull the fish tape back through the conduit, making sure to keep tension on the wire to prevent it from getting caught or tangled.
- If you encounter resistance or the wire gets stuck, try using a pulling lubricant to help the wire slide more easily through the conduit.
- Once you have successfully pulled the wire through the entire length of the conduit, remove the fish tape or specialized tool and any tape securing the wire.
That’s it! Fishing wire through conduit can be a bit time-consuming and frustrating at times, but with a bit of patience and perseverance, you should be able to get the wire through the conduit and ready for use.