Grilling chicken on a stove without a grill pan can be done using a skillet or a grill plate. Here are the steps to follow:
- Prepare the chicken by seasoning it with salt, pepper, and any other desired spices.
- Preheat a skillet or a grill plate on medium-high heat.
- Add a tablespoon of oil to the skillet or grill plate to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Once the skillet or grill plate is hot, add the chicken to the pan. Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes on one side until it develops a golden brown crust.
- Flip the chicken over and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes on the other side until it is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- If desired, brush the chicken with a BBQ sauce or any other desired glaze during the last minute of cooking.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove it from the skillet or grill plate and allow it to rest for a few minutes before serving.
Note: Cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of the chicken. Thicker chicken may require a longer cooking time, while thinner chicken may require less time. It’s important to use a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken is fully cooked and has reached a safe internal temperature.