Jamaican curry chicken is a flavorful and aromatic dish that’s perfect for a hearty and satisfying meal. Here’s a recipe for the best Jamaican curry chicken:
- 2 lbs of bone-in chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons of Jamaican curry powder
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of ginger, grated
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, and scotch bonnet pepper (if using) to the skillet and sauté until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the Jamaican curry powder to the skillet and stir for 1-2 minutes to toast the spices.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and add the chicken broth and coconut milk.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for about 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve the Jamaican curry chicken hot with rice or bread and enjoy!
This Jamaican curry chicken recipe is easy to make and bursting with flavor. Adjust the amount of curry powder and scotch bonnet pepper to your liking, depending on how spicy you prefer your dish.