Oven-baked battered fish is a delicious and healthier alternative to traditional fried fish. Here’s a simple recipe to make oven-baked battered fish:
- 4-6 fish fillets (such as cod, haddock, or tilapia)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (218°C).
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, and black pepper.
- In another shallow bowl, whisk together the milk and egg.
- Then dip it in the milk and egg mixture, and finally coat it with the breadcrumbs, pressing lightly to adhere the breadcrumbs to the fish.
- Bake the fish for 15-20 minutes, or until the coating is crispy and golden brown, and the fish is cooked through.
- Serve the oven-baked battered fish hot with your favorite dipping sauce and sides.
You can use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the fish to ensure that it has reached a safe temperature of 145°F (63°C).